Need-Based Financial Aid
For need-based financial aid, IND uses FACTS Grant Aid and Assessment. Anyone wanting to be considered for need-based aid needs to submit a financial aid application to FACTS between November 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018. Need-based financial aid awards are granted after a thorough review of the family’s completed FACTS application. All aid is awarded on a yearly basis and is continued each subsequent year if the family's financial need is indicated on the FACTS report. Students must be in good standing in all aspects of student life.
To be considered for need based financial assistance, the following must be submitted to FACTS by December 31, 2018:
- A completed financial aid form sent to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Click here to enroll in FACTS.
- A copy of your most recent tax returns with W-2's attached, also sent to FACTS.
All decisions on financial awards will be mailed to all students in February, along with admissions decision letters. FACTS applications received after the deadline will be reviewed only if funds are still available.
Academic Scholarships & Merit Awards
The Institute of Notre Dame awards Academic Scholarships to students who qualify. Qualified students will be invited to sit for a scholarship interview in early February. The scholarship interview is in addition to the required applicant interview that takes place in January. Students will be notified of receipt of Scholarship funds in the admissions decision packet that is mailed in February.
Opportunities for Merit Awards are extended to students who excel outside of the classroom in the areas of Athletics and Arts. If you wish to be considered for a Merit Award please contact the Admissions Office and review the additional information below. Students will be notified of receipt of Merit Awards in the admissions decision packet that is mailed in February.
Applicants who wish to be considered for these awards must:
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation from a coach and/or instructor with contact information. At least one letter of recommendation must come from a coach and/or instructor who is currently working with the applicant. Due to the Admissions Office by February 1.
- Submit a written statement of achievement in the area for which you are applying for an award. Due to the Admissions Office by February 1.
- Complete an individual interview (in addition to the required applicant interview) and receive the endorsement of the current IND:
- Athletic Director if pursuing an award for Athletics
- Chair of Visual and Performing Arts if pursuing an award for Arts
- Complete an audition or provide a digital performance sample (no longer than 10 minutes). Must be completed or submitted by February 7.
- Provide a minimum of three (3) copies of original visual art pieces. Digital copies are acceptable. Due to the Admissions Office by February 1.
Interviews for both Academic Scholarships and Merit Awards are available February 5, 6, & 7 from 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.